1. FREE MEAL:Wednesday August 22 12 noon,
Metropolitan Park(corner of Queen St and Church St)
The City of Toronto is dismantling services for poor and homeless people in the downtown core. The most basic needs such as shelter and food are being removed.
Join us for a meal and talk about our struggles against city cuts to food and shelter.
We demand that the City return food and shelter for homeless people now:
– replace over 300 shelter beds closed in the downtown core
– replace more that 341,000 meals that are lost because of
– direct metro police to stop harassing poor and homeless people
For more information please contact OCAP at 416-925-6939
2. THIS TUESDAY: Parkdale Against Poverty Meeting
Bad landlords? Moldy apartments? Rising rent? No where to go? Cop harrassment?
Come together with other people who live in Parkdale to talk about what is going wrong in Parkdale, and how we can work together to make sure this neighbourhood doesn’t just go to the rich…
Tuesday, August 14th
Facilitated by Magaly San Martin of Parkdale Community Legal Services
*Bring your kids! There will be child care available!*
Ontario Coalition Against Poverty
10 Britain St. Toronto, ON M5A 1R6
416-925-6939 firstname.lastname@example.org www.ocap.ca