In response to the humanitarian crisis in Kenya, VOW Ontario Council invites Members to an evening of fun and activity on Friday February 15, 2007 at 192 Macdonnel Avenue 5-8pm (north of Queen, west of Lansdowne). The “fun” part will be enjoyment of each other’s company while partaking of a light supper Martha Goodings is preparing for us. The “work” part will be making relief kits.
The following suggestions from the Mennonite Relief group lists what they deem most suitable contents. If you are making a Health kit please bring a box or other container for packing purposes. We hope to have cloth bags for the school kits. Cash donations will also be welcomed, a handy solution for those who cannot attend. Cheques should be made out to ACCES and sent to the VOW Office. In the memo line write LIFA which will ensure a tax receipt.
We look forward to seeing you and your friends at this timely event. Our thanks to Martha who is facilitating this evening.
RSVP Martha 416-532-5697 or Una 416-762-4331
SCHOOL KITS – Contents (NEW items only)
– 4 spiral or perforated notebooks (about 21.5cm x 27cm / 8.5″ x 10.5″ and 70-80 sheets U.S. / 140-160 pages in Canada, more info)
– 4 unsharpened pencils
– 1 ruler (flat, flexible plastic; indicating both 30cm and 12″)
– 12 colored pencils (in packaging)
– 1 large pencil eraser
HEALTH KITS – Contents (NEW items only)
– 1 toothbrush (adult size; leave in wrapper)
– 1 squeeze-tube toothpaste (minimum 130ml / 6oz; leave in box)
– 1 bar soap (110-140g / 4-5oz, in wrapper)
– 1 fingernail clipper
– 1 hand towel (larger than fingertip, dark color)
ALSO NEEDED (for hospitals, schools & orphanages)
– NEW flat twin sheets
– Purchased blankets (twin or full size)